Last Updated on
Making a bowl out of yarn…is that even possible?
YES, making a wool bowl is super-easy and a fun way to pass time. And the end result is a good looking little basket that you can use to hold various items around your house. Or you can simply use it as a decorative sculpture.
In our quick guide below, we take you through the process of making a yarn bowl.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Two bowls (one plastic made)
- A pair of scissors
- An all-purpose glue (the secret to making a quality, long-lasting yarn bowl is to use good-quality glue that’ll hold the bowl together).
- Plastic wrap
1. Start by covering one bowl with the plastic wrap and then turn it upside down.
2. Grab the other bowl and squeeze some glue into it. Then, dilute it with some water and stir with mixture (water plus glue) together.
3. Dip the yarn you want to use to make your bowl in the mixture you’ve made above and ensure it’s completely soaked. Ensure you put enough amount of yarn that’ll loosely cover your bowl (the one you placed upside down).
4. Now take the yarn from the glue+ water mixture and start wrapping it around the plastic-wrapped down. Use your hands to mash the yarn all around your bowl and then leave it dry.
5. After the yarn has completely dried, go ahead and remove it from your plastic wrapped bowl. And you’re done!
We come across this video that shows you how you can come up with an amazing yarn bowl for Spring using the same method outlined above.